If you are vegan, you continue to stay on a vegetarian diet. A well-planned vegetarian diet to be maintained to stay healthy and fit. There are many reasons for switching to a vegetarian diet which includes health benefits.
Some vegetarians depend on processed foods, which can have high calories, sugar, and fat. And they even not eat enough fruits, vegetables, whole grains, which causes deficiency of nutrients. A vegan diet person has to maintain a well-planned diet.
With a well planned vegetarian diet that meets the age of all group person, including adult, children, teenagers, and women can go for vegan. You should make aware yourself of your nutritional needs to make a diet that meets all requirements.
Types Of Vegetarian Diets
For most of the persons, a vegetarian diet is a diet which doesn’t include meat, chicken, or fish. But vegetarian diets differ on foods you include and exclude:
· Lacto-vegetarian diets are those diets which exclude all animal products such as meat, fish, chicken, and eggs, as well as all foods that have a part of them. Dairy products like milk, and butter etc, are included.
· Ovo-vegetarian diets are one among those diets which exclude all type of meats, poultry, and seafood as well as dairy products, but allow eggs.
· Lacto-Ovo vegetarian diets exclude various meats, fish and chicken, but allow eggs and other dairy products.
· Pescatarian diets different and is not a vegan diet, it excludes chicken, dairy products and, egg but allow fish.
· Vegan diets are those diet which is totally plant-based and exclude meat, poultry, fish, eggs and dairy products and foods that are made of these products.
Some people also follow a semi-vegetarian diet which is primarily plant-based, but it also includes animal products occasionally or in less quantity.
For maintaining a vegan diet, you should take plant-based foods, such as grains, seeds, fruits, and vegetables, etc. You have to also delete some of the less healthy foods, such as beverages, sweets, and refined grains. You can also take help from a dietician, who will help you in making a vegetarian plan that suits best for you.
Your diet has a tremendous effect on your health, the more restricting it is, the more challenging to get all the nutrients you need. A vegan diet reduces natural sources of vitamin B-12 and milk products.
You have to ensure that your diet should include everything your body needs, you have to be careful and assure that the following nutrients will be available in your vegan diet:
1. Calcium and vitamin D
2. Vitamin B-12
4. Omega-3 fatty acids
5. Iron and zinc
These nutrients play an essential role in the development and growth of your body. You cannot miss these nutrients for better health and prevent a weak immune system. For strong and healthy body your diet should rich in minerals, vitamins and other proteins which you can get with well panned vegan diet only.